March 18, 2021 Webinar Recap
The role of data journalism in the COVID-19
March 18, 2021
The fourth public COVID-19 Data Forum event, which was held on March 18th, 2021, examined the issues and challenges sorrounding data access, analysis and reporting from a journalism viewpoint. The event featured three experts involved in journalism, education and research: Dr. Mark Hansen from Columbia University, Ana Carolina Moreno from TV Globo in Brasil, and Meghan Hoyer from Washington Post. Dr. Irena Hwang of ProPublica, moderated the event and guided the open forum discussion. Over 150 people attended the event.
- Irena Hwang, Moderator » replay
- Local data reporter, ProPublica.
- Mark Hansen » replay
- David and Helen Gurley Brown Professor of Journalism and Innovation.
- Ana Carolina Moreno » replay
- Senior Data Journalist at TV Globo in São Paulo, Brasil.
- Meghan Hoyer » replay
- Director of data reporting at The Washington Post.
- Panel discussion » replay